How To Disassemble PM1000 / TPM1000 Koolair Marine HVAC Seawater Pumps
In today’s video we are here to talk about the Koolair how to disassemble PM1000 & TPM1000 series pumps and procedures. Applies to both PM1000-115 (115 Volt), PM1000-230 (230 Volt) and the TPM1000 dual 115/230 volt models.
Simple design easy to disassemble PM1000 TPM1000 series pumps. ETL Listed.
- Remove 7 front housing screws
- Pull apart the front cover from housing
- Remove front casing O-Ring
- Exposes drive shaft and thrust washer
- Shaft and washer can be removed from front housing cover
- Remove impeller
- Extract front casing oring
- Remove rear housing from body bracket.
- Also, another washer between rear casing and bracket
- 2 rubber grommets, will find them on the post or stuck on the back of rear housing
- Leaves motor and magnet section still attached to the pump that will spin freely
- Front Housing Screws (7)
- Front Housing Cover
- Pump Shaft & Thrust Washer (Inside front housing) comes apart
- Impeller (Magnetically coupled)
- Rear Casing / Housing
There is a wet end kit available for the PM1000 Series, part number PM1000-WE