How To Reassemble PM500 Koolair Marine HVAC Seawater Pumps
In today’s video we are here to talk about the Koolair how to reassemble PM500 series pumps and procedures. Applies to both PM500-115 (115 Volt) and the PM500-230 (230 Volt) model.
Simple design easy to reassemble PM500 series pumps. ETL Listed.
- Start with the Marine Base. Can lay pump in its back and insert the two screws to fasten.
- Flip pump to up position.
- Place grommets into the back of the rear casing.
- Make sure you put the rear casing o-ring back.
- Line up the cooling tubes with the 2 grommets.
- Work it in back and forth and push down.
- Place the thrust washer on the pump shaft. Its D slotted.
- Insert the pump shaft in the front casing.
- insert impeller
- place front cover o-ring into position.
- Line up front cover on rear housing and insert 4 screw.
- Remove 4 front housing screws
- Front Housing Screws (4)
- Front Casing
- Pump Shaft & Thrust Washer (Inside front housing) comes apart
- Impeller (Magnetically coupled)
- O-Ring between front housing and casing cover
- O-Ring between rear casing and bracket
- Marine Base
- Marine Base screws (2)
There is a wet end kit available for the PM500 Series, part number PM500-WE